Illinois is mandating XML reporting in the IAIABC's EDI Claims Release 3.1 Standard beginning on June 14, 2019.
The updated Release 3.1 trading partner tables and matrix are now available:
- Illinois R3.1 Event Tables (Version 1.1 - Updated 8/17/2020)
- Illinois R3.1 Element Requirements (Version 1.2 - Updated 10/17/2022)
- Illinois R3.1 Edit Matrix (Version 2 - Updated 10/17/2022)
All trading partners submitting to the IWCC must submit an updated Trading Partner Agreement for Release 3.1 before May 17, 2019, or before the start of testing. Trading partner and EDI vendor testing for FROI/SROI EDI Claims Release 3.1 will begin February 25, 2019, and continue through May 24, 2019. EDI vendors already submitting XML to at least one R3.1 EDI state at the time of testing are only required to complete connectivity testing requirements. All other trading partners must complete the entire test plan.
Trading Partner Documents:
- Illinois R3.1 Trading Partner Agreement (Updated 2/28/2023)
- Illinois R3.1 Implementation Guide (Updated 4/15/2019)
- Illinois R3.1 Testing Requirements Plan (Updated 2/25/2019)
- Illinois R3.1 Test Feedback Request List
- Illinois R3.1 FAQs (Updated 8/17/2020)
- Testing – February 25, 2019, until May 24, 2019
- Updated Trading Partner Agreement – due by May 17, 2019
- Go-Live Date – June 14, 2019
- Illinois R3.1 Implementation Timeline (Updated 4/15/2019)
The IWCC hosted a training webinar for its EDI implementation on February 25, 2019. Please click on the links below to access a recording of the webinar and the slide presentation.
The IWCC will regularly update our website to share additional information on this project. You can also send any questions regarding the implementation to our dedicated EDI e-mail address, IWCC-EDICoordinator@ebix.com.